I thought it was time for an update to my post synology-ds918-so-far now that I’ve been using the Synology NAS for well over a month now.
Quite a lot has changed and more items running.
I’m going to start with all the docker images that I’m running:
- HomeAssistant (My home automation software that lets me control just about anything with an IP address)
- Homebridge (Lets me connect everything within HomeAssistant to be controlled with Siri in the Apple Home Kit, that’s right I can turn my TV, Fan and even change my TV Channels with Siri)
- LazyLibrarian (For all my book needs)
- Tautulli (Monitor all the activity on my Plex server)
- Radarr (For all my movie needs)
- Sonarr (For all my TV Show needs)
- SABnzbd (For all my downloads)
That’s it for now, those are the docker images that I’m running on the Synology DS918
Now for the apps from the Synology App Store
Synology App Store
- Apache HTTP Server 2.2
- Apache HTTP Server 2.4
- Synology Drive
- Emby Server
- Synology File Station
- Git Server
- iTunes Server
- MariaDB 10
- node.js v4
- Synology Note Station
- Synology Photo Station
- PHP 5.6
- PHP 7.0
- Plex Media Server
- Python Module
- Synology Application Service
- Synology Universal Search
- VPN Service
- Synology Web Station
Now to me that is a lot of apps but the device hasn’t even slowed down, granted the real resource hungry apps are Plex and Emby but I’ve still not noticed any signs of it slowing down. The only time it’s struggled was when 4 streams of large files were happening at the same time, but I’m not sure if that was down to my connection at the time or the NAS box.
I’m still on the hunt for more apps that I can throw on it, I’ve got a few more I’m testing at the minute but for the minute, I’ll leave the list as it is!
This really is a great device and one of my better purchases!